Joining the CMS SIT is a great way to participate in and stay connected to latest school and district policy issues.
The key responsibilities of the School Improvement Team are:
- Review, approve and assess implementation of school improvement plan
- Approve capital and operational budget request to be considered by superintendent and Board of Education for next year
- Counsel to Board of Education on issues and policies
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement (Instruction, student performance and the school environment)
- Facilitate communication within the community (Advocacy, Information sharing)
- Participate in selection process with interview committee that recommends principal candidates to the superintendent as needed
We meet on the 2nd or 3rd Thursday of each month and would like to invite anyone interested to attend a meeting and consider becoming part of the board. Meetings are held from 4:00 – 5:30p in the Culbreth Main Office Conference Room.